A recent Google update has unfortunately broken the Play Store functionality on some of our phones, most notably the Moto G (3rd Gen) model.
At the moment, here's the workaround for the Moto G (3rd Gen):
1. First, click here to download an APK file to install the corrected file onto your TextNow phone. (Click on that link from your TextNow phone, not from another device or computer.) You should see a page that looks similar to this:
2. Click on the green Download APK button to download the APK.
This will download the file to your TextNow phone.
4. Before you open the file, make sure your security settings are set to be able to install the APK file. On your device, go to your main Settings app and then tap Security. Make sure the Unknown Sources switch is set to ON.
5. Once the file is downloaded to your device, it should open automatically. (If not, pull down the Notifications screen by swiping from the top of the screen to the bottom, and tap on the downloaded file.) Click on "Install" and then "Open".
6. After the APK file installs, you should be able to open the Play Store normally. You may get a few other pop ups that you still can't log in; try opening it a few more times and it should work.
If you're still having trouble accessing the Play Store after these instructions, please contact Support using the chat window on this page, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
if you have another device aside from the Moto G 3rd Gen that is receiving this error, please contact our Support team for more assistance.