TextNow has many options available to tweak your messaging and calling preferences to your liking. Here's a quick guide!
2. Click on My Account in the top right-hand corner.
3. Click on Settings.
4. Click on Messaging for messaging preferences:
At the moment, the only option available online for messaging is to change or remove your text signature. Look a little further down this page for the in-app options available to you as well.
5. Click on Calling for calling preferences:
Online, you can set your account to send missed calls to your voicemail, and also see your list of blocked numbers (and unblock them, if you wish). As with Messaging, there are more options available on the app - see below for more details!
On the TextNow app:
1. Open your TextNow app and sign into your account, if you haven't already.
2. Tap on the main menu button , and then tap on the settings icon on the main menu.
3. Tap on Messaging for your messaging options:
Under Messaging, you can:
- Add, remove or edit a signature for your text messages.
- Set your Quick Reply preferences for floating chat heads, popup replies, and quick replies from the lock screen.
- Choose to use a Unified Inbox to send and receive texts from your non-TextNow phone plan from the TextNow app.
- Import text messages from your non-TextNow phone plan to the TextNow app.
- Turn sticker & GIF suggestions off.
4. Tap on Calling for your calling options:
Under Calling, you can:
- Record a voicemail greeting (or use the default greeting)
- Change your ringtone
- Set up call forwarding
- Set screen lock options
- Manage your blocked numbers
- Set to automatically switch to 3G/4G when leaving a wifi network area.