Changing to a built-in ringtone for all incoming calls
- Go to your main TextNow menu in the TextNow app, and then click on Settings > Ringtone
- Select the ringtone to preview it
- Once you have decided on the ringtone, press OK
Changing to a custom ringtone for all incoming calls
Note: not all models of TextNow phones will have the ability to add a custom ringtones. On an Android device:
- Start by going into main Android Settings > Sound > Ringtones. Select the ringtone you'd like to have and click on Add.
- Once you've added the ringtone to your music list go to TextNow main menu > Settings > Ringtone > Select the new ringtone that was added to the list.
Assign a unique ringtone for a specific user
- Tap on the conversation in the Home screen or the call log under Call History of the person to whom you'd like to assign the ringtone.
- Press the Menu button (usually a button with three dots in the top right-hand corner), select Set Ringtone, choose the ringtone from the list, and then click OK.