There are a few ways to block and unblock another number from the TextNow service:
Block Or Unblock Using The TextNow App
1. Tap on the conversation or call log from the number you're looking to block.
2. Use the drop-down menu (tap the icon with the three dots in the top right-hand corner) and choose Block Number from that menu.
3. To unblock a blocked number, choose Unblock Number from that same menu as above, or tap Unblock at the bottom of the conversation with the blocked number.
Unblock A Number Online
1. Sign into your TextNow account on the TextNow homepage, and click on My Account.
2. On the My Account page, click on Messaging & Calling.
3. On Messaging & Calling, click Blocked Numbers and then click Unblock on the number you'd like to unblock.
Block Or Unblock A Number Using #STOP And #UNBLOCK
- From your TextNow app, or online on TextNow.com, text #STOP to the number you're looking to block.
- To unblock a number, text #UNBLOCK to the previously-blocked number.
#STOP will prevent the person from sending you any further messages, whether you're a TextNow user blocking a non-TextNow phone number/email address, or someone who isn't using TextNow blocking messages/calls from a TextNow user. Please allow 10-20 minutes for the block to take effect.
Note: Under no circumstances can Support provide details from a user's account. Subscriber information can only be given to a law enforcement officer who has provided a court-signed subpoena to us.