If you're a TextNow Moto E owner and your phone is hung on a black screen with a box and a spinner in the middle of the screen that says "Starting Services", try these troubleshooting steps to solve the problem.
Note that this procedure involves a complete factory data reset of your phone, so you will lose anything that had been previously downloaded to the phone.
- Remove your Google account from your phone. (For instructions on how to do that, please see our article here.)
- Unplug your phone from any USB cable or charger it may be currently plugged into.
- Hold Volume Down and tap the Power Button.
- Use the volume keys to navigate through the menu selections.
- Tap volume down twice so that it shows Recovery Mode, then press the Power Button to select it.
- You will see the screen that says "No command", with the Android mascot lying on his back.
- Press and hold Power then tap and release Volume Up to show the menu.
- Use Volume Down to move to Wipe Cache Partition, and press the Power key to select it.
- Use Volume Down to move to Wipe Data/Factory Reset and reset the Power key to select it.
- Go down to the Yes option, pressing Power one more time to initiate the factory reset.
- Press the Power button to select Reboot System.
If your phone boots back up and the problem persists, please contact us at TextNow Support. You can use the chat window on this page to speak to one of our chat agents during Support hours (Monday to Friday 9am-10pm, and Saturday and Sunday 9am-5pm, Eastern Standard Time), or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.