If you're experiencing problems with your battery not holding a charge, or losing its charge too quickly, here are some steps to try and isolate the problem:
My Phone Isn’t Charging
- Faulty Charger: Try a different charger on your phone, as it may be a problem with the charging cable as opposed to the handset.
- Change The Battery: If your device has a removable battery, try using another compatible battery with your device. If the other battery charges and holds a charge, it may be a bad battery. Contact us at email@example.com for additional assistance.
The Battery Is Draining Unusually Fast
Try these troubleshooting steps to extend the battery life of your phone.
- Go to Battery under the Settings application
- Scroll down and check which apps are running
- If an app is using up more than 10% of the battery, uninstall and reinstall or force stop the app
If your device has a removable battery, you can also try taking out the battery for a couple of minutes to clear any settings that may cause overheating. Please do not attempt to remove any battery that is non-removable.
Also, most Android devices have a Battery Saver setting which can greatly extend the life of your battery. You can usually find that setting under Settings > Battery > Battery Saver.
If those steps don't resolve your battery problems, please contact Support at firstname.lastname@example.org for further help, or speak to one of our chat agents during regular business hours: Monday to Friday 9am-9pm, and Saturday 9am-5pm (Eastern time).