If you're experiencing problems with your battery not holding a charge, or losing its charge too quickly, here are some steps to try and isolate the problem:
My Phone Isn’t Charging
- Faulty Charger: Try a different charger on your phone, as it may be a problem with the charging cable as opposed to the handset.
- Change The Battery: If your device has a removable battery, try using another compatible battery with your device. If the other battery charges and holds a charge, it may be a bad battery. Contact us at over our chat for more assistance.
The Battery Is Draining Unusually Fast
Try these troubleshooting steps to extend the battery life of your phone.
- Go to Battery under the Settings application
- Scroll down and check which apps are running
- If an app is using up more than 10% of the battery, uninstall and reinstall or force stop the app
If your device has a removable battery, you can also try taking out the battery for a couple of minutes to clear any settings that may cause overheating. Please do not attempt to remove any battery that is non-removable.
Also, most Android devices have a Battery Saver setting which can greatly extend the life of your battery. You can usually find that setting under Settings > Battery > Battery Saver.
Check Your SD card
If you have an SD card in your phone, try removing it to see if it improves battery performance. If it does, your SD may need to be reformatted.
Set Your Screen To Auto-Brightness
The screen of your phone can really chew up battery life. Check your phone's main settings to set your phone screen to auto-brightness, so that it dims in darker light and uses far less battery life. You can usually find those settings in your main phone menu under Display.
If those steps don't resolve your battery problems, please speak to one of our chat agents during regular business hours: 10-am-5:30pm, everyday, Eastern time.