TextNow is a small (but growing!) company, and every phone purchase made is important to both us and to our customers. Fraud orders are not just a problem for the person who might potentially be defrauded, but it also hurts our ability to offer our phones at affordable prices.
To that end, we employ fraud screening software that will flag orders that seem incorrect. If your order is flagged by our fraud screening process, you'll see this on your My Wireless Account page:
You can use either of these two options to verify your order - you don't have to complete both of them. Here's how they work:
Option 1: Use Verification Code
1. Select the radio button next to Use verification code, and then click Continue.
2. On the next page, we'll ask you to enter a verification code as it appears on your bank statement. (If the purchase hasn't appeared on your statement or online banking information, you can call your bank or card holder for the code.) The code will follow the words TEXTNOW, and it will be five characters long.
Here's an example of how it would look on a bank or credit card statement. In this example, the code would be 1H8K3.
3. Enter the verification code and hit Submit.
Option 2: Upload documents
If you can't retrieve or find your verification code, you can also upload documents to validate your order.
1. Select the Upload documents option from the fraud screen window, as shown above, and then click Continue.
2. This will bring you to the Upload documents page. We'll need a picture of your credit card, and your government-issued ID.
IMPORTANT NOTE: As the above screen says, for your credit card we only need to see the last four digits of your card number, your name, and the expiration date. For your ID, we need to see a government-issued ID - we will not accept student cards, bus passes, or other cards.
Once you have the pictures saved to your computer or your mobile device, click on the Select buttons to upload the images of the credit card and ID, respectively, and then click Submit.
Once you've completed either option, you'll see this page:
That's it! Your order is ready to be packed up and shipped to you.