Where can I find my MEID/IMEI?
Generally, the MEID/IMEI number will be a 14 (MEID) or 15 (IMEI) digit string, and may contain both letters and numbers.
- Go to Settings, then scroll down to About Phone
- Scroll down to IMEI or IMEI (in some cases it may even say ESN)
- To Copy your MEID or IMEI, press and hold the 14 or 15-digit string
- A small box will appear saying Copy. Make sure the whole number is highlighted
- Press Copy
This doesn't work on my phone!
Don't worry! Because there are so many different Android phone models there are multiple ways of getting your MEID/IMEI. We've listed two more:
- Go to your Settings
- In the Search Bar type IMEI (or MEID)
- Go to your native dialer
- Type *#06#
- A box should appear with Device Information
- Search for MEID (HEX) or IMEI
Why do you need my MEID?
Great question! We need your MEID in order to check that your device is unlocked and compatible with our service. We'll also need it in order to attach your service to your device.
If you're trying to buy a device from an online service like craigslist we recommend getting the MEID/IMEI to make sure the device is compatible and is not blacklisted.
I might have a compatible device, how do I know I can use it with TextNow?
Head over to our website and click Get Started. You can input your MEID/IMEI here and we can tell you if it's compatible with our service. Don't worry - your phone is still yours and you're never on contract with us so no need to worry about silly unlocking fees or contract termination fees!